A not-for-profit organization in Cambodia is in search of a professional specializing in WordPress Divi to monitor its online content. Willing to help? Volunteer your skills to help update and improve the website.
- Suitable for: Experienced professionals in WordPress Divi
- Project type: Unpaid virtual volunteer position
- Location: At home
- Start Dates: Year-round project
- Time Commitment: minimum of two months
- Working hours: Flexible
- Reporting to: Communications Manager
- Manage website domain, including technical assistance from domain provider as needed
- Monitor updates for plug-ins (manual) and backups (automatic) of the site
- Monitor Webmaster email and storage limits
- Identify key issues with the current website and fix them
- Suggest improvement based on an understanding of the organization’s activities, values, and needs
- Review and improve SEO
- Work with staff to ensure they are able to use the new setup and continue to update independently after the updates have been completed
- Minimum one-year work experience in WordPress DIVI
- Knowledge of necessary software
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Copy of relevant qualifications
Personal qualities and attitudes to be successful in the project
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Passionate about education and youth empowerment
- Able to work independently
- Enthusiastic and personable.
- Professional, honest and reliable
What difference are you going to make
- The non for profit website is their best way of directing people towards donations. Every single page of it needs to be attractive so that people keep on reading about our organisation, and finally become donors. By helping with your time and skills you will be able to contribute to making the organization sustainable economically.
The Host Organisation – JWOC
- This volunteer project will place you with JWOC, Journeys Within Our Community, a legally registered, Cambodia-based education and youth-leadership non-profit organization.
- In the fight against poverty, high dropout rates, low awareness of the value of higher education, JWOC aims to support low-income Cambodian youth to fulfill their potential in education, employment, and engagement with their community.
Please note that because this is a virtual volunteer project, there are no associated costs or fees to be incurred.