A local not for profit organization in Cambodia is in search of a professional specializing in web design to create and update their online content. Willing to help? Volunteer your WordPress design skills to help update and improve the website. Apply now!
- Suitable for: Experienced professionals in WordPress web design
- Project type: Unpaid virtual volunteer position
- Location: At home
- Start Dates: Year-round project
- Time Commitment: minimum of two months
- Working hours: Flexible
- Reporting to: Communications Manager
- Update website content , create new web pages and forms
- Identify key issues with the current website and fix them
- Suggest improvement based on an understanding of the organization’s activities, values, and needs
- Work with staff to ensure they are able to use the new setup and continue to update independently after the updates have been completed
- Review and improve SEO
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in WordPress website design
- Working knowledge of necessary software
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of web marketing and SEO
- Copy of relevant qualifications
- Portfolio with web graphic design samples
Personal qualities and attittudes to be succesfful in the project
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Passionate about education and youth empowerment
- Able to work independently
- Enthusiastic and personable.
- Professional, honest and reliable
What difference are you going to make
- The non for profit website is their best way of directing people towards donations. Every single page of it needs to be attractive so that people keep on reading about our organisation, and finally become donors. By helping with your time and skills you will be able to contribute in making the organization sustainable economically.
The Host Organisation
- This volunteer project will place you with a legally registered, Cambodia-based education and youth-leadership non-profit organization. In the fight against poverty, high dropout rates, low awareness of the value of higher education, and illegal migration, the host organization aims to make Cambodian youth in rural areas aware of their own potential and career opportunities, and support them academically, financially, mentally, and physically.
Please note that because this is a virtual volunteer project, there are no associated costs or fees to be incurred.