Volunteer Project Brief
- You will be working for a legally registered not for profit organization based in Siem Reap, Cambodia empowering youth through education and free career guidance to assess one of their programs and implementing an effective and consistent system for recording and measuring progress quarterly and annually
- Ideal for individuals with 2 years of experience building Monitoring and Evaluation systems adapted to programs’ needs, particularly in educational contexts, preferably with students learning English as a second language
- Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Duration: Minimum 3 months volunteering
- Start date: ASAP
- Working hours: Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM (negotiable)
- Allowance: bicycle (and helmet) provision, airport pick-up and drop-off, and use of a laptop while at work. The organization will also provide orientation to Siem Reap, visa advice, and a farewell party
- Reporting to Program Manager
- evaluate the Learning Center activities (English, ICT, soft skills classes)
- determine needs and objectives of students
- update and develop Monitoring and Evaluation methods
- review the consistency and relevance of these measures
- provide advice and assistance to local staff as needed regarding implementation of new Monitoring and Evaluation standards
- Work Experience: minimum 2 years’ work experience in the role
- Language Skills: Fluent English required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports
- Updated copy of your CV
- Passport Copy
- At least 2 referrals from previous employers
- Proof of travel insurance, including medical evacuation in case of illness or accident
- Copy of valid visa
Personal qualities and attitudes to be successful in the project
- Proactive, flexible, passionate about education and youth empowerment
- Willing to experience working in development and/or cross-cultural contexts
- Independent worker. You will get the guidance you want and need, but we will gladly give you the space to do your work independently.
- Flexibility and humor. This is Cambodia, nothing happens as planned. So we need someone who can roll with the punches and see the fun in experiences that sometimes come disguised as frustrating events…!
- airport pick-up and drop-off
- bicycle (and helmet) provision
- use of a laptop while at work
- orientation to Siem Reap
- visa advice
- farewell party
- Ideal for those wishing to use their expertise and gain hands-on experience working with a Cambodian non for profit
- be able to have direct experience with students and their communities.
- work and live in a World heritage town
The Host Organization
- You will volunteer for a Cambodia-based education and youth-leadership non-profit organization . In the fight against poverty, high dropout rates, low awareness of the value of higher education, and illegal migration, They aims to make Cambodian youth in rural areas aware of their own potential and career opportunities, and support them academically, financially, mentally, and physically.
- In joining their team, you will be an integral part of a small (12-person) staff, which is mostly made up of Cambodians (except for one other foreigner heading the Communications Department). While this means you have a lot of responsibility, it also allows for a degree of autonomy and creativity. Furthermore, their staff is proud of the passion and community that binds team members (and students) together, and the positive atmosphere this creates at the office.