Want to help a dynamic and holistic non-for-profit health care center treating children’s health? Have professional experience with graphic design? We are looking for a professional volunteer who can help us build a more professional and polished portfolio of promotional, informational, and events materials.
- Suitable for: Professionals with experience in graphic design
- Project type: Unpaid volunteer position
- Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Duration: 3 – 6 months
- Start date: Project is on-going, and you can join at any time, depending upon availability
- Working hours: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm from Monday to Friday
- Reports to: Communications Manager
- Plan and design promotional materials, such as posters, cards, brochures, and social media to raise profile of the hospital; may include providing mock-ups, drafts, and/or presentation of ideas
- Create layout of key development department communications materials such as reports, newsletters, appreciation cards, policies.
- Provide graphic design support to Hospital’s Visitor Centre
- Ensure basic graphics branding package is easily accessible to Communications and Development staff, including logo package and corporate color codes with guidelines
- Three years experience in general graphic design
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Graphic Design
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and design software such as InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Language Skills: Fluency in English
Personal qualities and attitudes to be successful in the project
- Hard-working and dedicated, with the ability to remain flexible
- Good communicator who is receptive to constructive criticism and suggestions
- Ability to work with a team of people of diverse backgrounds with diverse ideas
- Takes a friendly approach to working in a low-resource setting and has a generally positive outlook
- Humor. This is Cambodia, nothing happens as planned. So we need someone who can roll with the punches and see the fun in experiences that sometimes come disguised as frustrating events…!
- Copy of passport
- Photocopy of qualifications and certificates
- Portfolio with examples of graphic design
- Professional references from at least one former employer
- Proof of travel and health insurance
- Criminal record check
- Additional hospital paperwork if accepted
- Make a lasting sustainable impact –Create easy-to-edit templates that will allow the hospital to continue using your designs
- Share your knowledge – Pass some of your knowledge and experience to our local Cambodian graphic designer and social media officer, enabling them to improve their skills and confidence
- Become a world citizen – Gain insight into a fascinating culture and its complex social issues, working side by side with locals to influence positive change
- You will work closely with the communications team in a small, air-conditioned office on the top floor of the administration building, within the hospital grounds. You will also work with the Fundraising Department and PR team, in the offices next door. Located in the center of Siem Reap, restaurants, supermarkets, and banks are all within easy walking distance.
- During your free time, you will be able to explore the city at your leisure.
The Host Organization
- This project is located at a non-profit, pediatric healthcare organization in the city center of Siem Reap. For 20 years, the healthcare center has fulfilled its mission of providing high-quality, compassionate healthcare to children in Cambodia.
- Today, the organization is paving the way for healthcare in the country by providing specialty care and educating the next generation of Cambodian healthcare professionals to international standards.
- Please note that this is an unpaid volunteer placement. If successfully accepted for the position, you will be required to pay a project fee and cover your living and travel expenses. We will guide through each phase of your journey as you move forward. For a more detailed cost breakdown, please click here.