Put your passion for web development to good use by helping a social enterprise whose mission is to support rural artisanal Cambodian women with a sustainable income.
- Suitable for: Professionals experienced in WordPress website design
- Project type: Unpaid virtual volunteer project
- Location: at home
- Duration: 8-12 weeks
- Start date: You can join at any time, depending upon availability
- Working hours: 4-8 hours a week
- Reports to: Director and Founder
- Rebuilding current Wixwebsite in WordPress and select an affordable payment solution (e-commerce) that works with Cambodian banks.
- Making the website super easy for e-commerce.
- Making the web-editing simple and clear, so the enterprise can continue editing the website easily.
- Identify key issues with the current website and fix them.
- Review and improve SEO.
- Train the organization on how to continue using the website.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in WordPress website design
- Working knowledge and experience of the necessary software
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of web marketing and SEO
Personal qualities and attitudes to be successful in the project
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Patient and open-minded approach
- Enthusiastic and personable
- Professional, honest and reliable
- Able to work independently
- Portfolio with former web development projects
- Make an impact – You will experience the satisfaction of contributing to an organization that positively affects the lives of local artisanal women
- Create easy-to-edit templates that will allow the social enterprise to continue using your developments
The Host Organization
- Since end 2016, the social enterprise is working closely with 15 rural artisanal women from Krobey Riel village, near Siem Reap, Cambodia and they create quality designed hand-woven rattan products, such as bags and baskets.
- Their goal is to support their team of artisans with a stable and financial future. They do this by providing them a fair income, offering quality level weaving training and a life skills education.
- The social enterprise is currently providing 15 female artisans a fair income. Since the female artisans joined them, their family contribution has increased significantly by 75%. The enterprise intends to bring people closer to each other by introducing Cambodia’s culture and ancient crafts to consumers all over for a more ethical and sustainable world.
- The brand is striving to reach out to the International market and they need your help !