Are you a digital marketing professional? Put your passion for social media management to good use by helping a social enterprise whose mission is to support rural artisanal Cambodian women with a sustainable income.
- Suitable for: Fresh Graduates /Young Professionals with at least 1-year experience in Digital Marketing/Social Media
- Project type: Unpaid Virtual volunteer position
- Location: at Home
- Duration: 8-12 weeks
- Start date: Project is on-going, and you can join at any time, depending upon availability
- Working hours: 4-8 hours/week
- Reports to: Director and Founder
- Creating and scheduling engaging Instagram posts (3-4 times per week) and stories (every day)
- Creating and scheduling social media campaigns
- Interacting with our followers; comments like etc
- Following potential whole sellers to create more algorithms.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Demonstrable experience and interest in social media- Instagram marketing
- Knowledge, passion and feeling for contemporary fashion design, trends, artisan-made products and branding
Personal qualities and attitudes to be successful in the project
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Patient and open-minded approach
- Enthusiastic and personable
- Professional, honest and reliable Independence, as you will get the guidance you want and need but will be given space to do your work independently
- Copy of relevant qualifications
- Portfolio with former social media campaigns
- Make an impact – You will experience the satisfaction of contributing to an organization that positively affects the lives of local artisanal women
- Expand your professional skills – A unique look into the inner workings of a start-up in a developing country that is slowly moving towards a new phase
The Host Organization
- Since end 2016, the social enterprise is working closely with 15 rural artisanal women from Krobey Riel village, near Siem Reap, Cambodia and they create quality designed hand-woven rattan products, such as bags and baskets.
- Their goal is to support their team of artisans with a stable and financial future. They do this by providing them a fair income, offering quality level weaving training and a life skills education.
- The social enterprise is currently providing 15 female artisans a fair income. Since the female artisans joined them, their family contribution has increased significantly by 75%. The enterprise intends to bring people closer to each other by introducing Cambodia’s culture and ancient crafts to consumers all over for a more ethical and sustainable world.
- The brand is striving to reach out to the International market and they need your help !