Volunteer from the comfort of your own home using your graphic design skills to help a charity that provides educational resources to teachers through transforming children’s books into a Kindle format
- Suitable for: Experienced graphic designer, also retired
- Project type: Unpaid virtual volunteer project
- Location: At Home
- Duration: As required to complete 4 current books
- Start date: Project is on-going, and you can join at any time
- Working hours: Flexible
- Reports to: Director of Education
By the end of the project, we expect the volunteer to have…
- Completed the layout of 4 original children’s books into Kindle layout, upload to kindle platform,
- Books are illustrated, written and translated already in Adobe Suite. We have an onsite illustrator that can support changes if required.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience as a graphic designer
- Good grasp of the English language
- Prefer bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in book layout and design preferred but not necessary.
Personal qualities and attitudes to be successful in the project
- You will need to work independent of high level supervision and have the skills to complete the job and feel comfortable advising on necessary updates and changes.
- Attention to detail and a good eye for spacing and branding will take you a long way with us
- Portfolio of previous experience
- Professional reference from at least one former employer (nice to have)
What difference will you make by the end of the project
- The Host Organization makes educational resources for teachers. Not only will you feel great helping children in Cambodia get a great education, but your support in fundraising will help us create these curriculum-aligned resources that can be used by any teacher in Cambodia.
- The best part is, all resources are open and free for teachers to access and use. That means once the resource is created, it is available forever. Even plastic only lasts 1000 years!
The Host Organization
- They are a small, fun charity that provides resources for Cambodian preschools. By talking to teachers, TukTuk creates culturally aligned learning materials. From Khmer storybooks to educational music to full curriculum support, we empower educators with resources
Please note that because this is a virtual volunteer project, there are no associated costs or fees to be incurred.