Are you looking to make your unexpected time at home worthwhile? Interested in mobile game development technology? Help us push new bounds in wildlife conservation in Cambodia by taking advantage of new technologies. Willing to help? Apply now!
- Suitable for: Experienced professionals in mobile games development
- Project type: Unpaid virtual volunteer project
- Location: at Home
- Duration: Minimum 6 weeks
- Start date: Year-round project,
- Working hours: Flexible
- Reports to: Director
- Support a multitude of digital media-based projects
- Work on the development of citizen science learning applications
- Assist with creation and maintenance of educational mobile games and species fact-sheets, as well as VR and AR learning experiences
- Minimum of two years’ related work experience
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 or general application and software development.
Personal qualities and attitudes to be successful in the project
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Passion for wildlife conservation is a plus
- Independent, motivated worker
- Enthusiastic and personable
- Professional, honest and reliable
- Portfolio with former game development projects
- Expand your professional skills – obtain in-depth knowledge of technology systems behind a wildlife conservation non profit
- Give back – you will be assisting a local nonprofit from the comfort of your own home, on your own time
The Host Organization
This project is with a legally registered environmental education and public awareness nonprofit based in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Their mission is to improve knowledge of and attitudes towards wildlife, raise support for conservation, and inspire a love of nature in Cambodia.
To achieve this mission, they work in the three main areas of Nature Discovery, Environmental Education and Wildlife Media. Through discovery, education, and media, they aim to build a new generation of nature lovers and wildlife conservation leaders across Cambodia.
Please note that because this is a virtual volunteer project, there are no associated costs or fees to be incurred.