Help us push new bounds in wildlife conservation in Cambodia by taking advantage of new technologies. Willing to help? Apply now!
- Suitable for: Experienced professionals in mobile games development
- Project type: Unpaid virtual volunteer project
- Location: at Home
- Duration: Minimum 6 weeks
- Start date: Year round project
- Working hours: Flexible
- Reports to: Director
From the development of citizen science learning applications, to educational mobile games and species fact-sheets, to VR and AR learning experiences, we have a long list of digital media-based projects that need support.
- Minimum of two years’ related work experience
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 or general application and software development.
Personal qualities and attitudes to be successful in the project
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Passionate wildlife conservation is a plus
- Able to work independently
- Enthusiastic and personable.
- Professional, honest and reliable
- Portfolio with former game development projects
- Make an impact – As a professional, your volunteer contribution and skill sharing will assist organization to implement innovative solutions to local development challenges here in Cambodia.
The Host Organization
The project is with a legally registered environmental education and public awareness nonprofit, based in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Their mission is to improve knowledge of and attitudes towards wildlife, raise support for conservation and inspire a love of nature in Cambodia.
To do this they work in three main areas: Nature Discovery, Environmental Education and Wildlife Media. Through discovery, education and media, they aim to build a new generation of nature lovers and wildlife conservation leaders across Cambodia.