- Suitable for: University Students or Master Students
- Project type: Unpaid Educational Internship
- Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Duration: Minimum 3 months
- Start date: Project is on-going, and you can join at any time, depending upon availability
- Working hours: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm from Monday to Friday
- Reports to: Water Lab Manager
- Conduct in-depth research to identify prospective clients in Camboda.
- Promote the water testing laboratory to local NGOs, hotels, restaurants and individuals in Siem Reap.
- Create marketing material aiming to promote lab activities, services and costs.
- Minimum two-year college degree, preferably Masters
- Former experience in customer relationship is an advantage
- Excellent command of the English language
- Knowledge of French is an advantage, as there is a large French expat community in Siem Reap
- Demonstrable interest and experience in sales with the attitude to learn
- Interest in water management is an advantage
Prsonal qualities and attitudes to be successful in the project
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Strong listening, communication, presentation, and social skills
- Good work ethic
- Autonomous and independent
- Ready to adapt and understand a new culture’s way of thinking of working
- Copy of relevant qualifications
- Reference letter
- Copy of passport
- Full travel and medical insurance
An internship in Cambodia can be a greatly rewarding experience
- Learning opportunity– Gain hands-on experience, acquire relevant skills for your future career and learn new ones. You will get exposure to different ways of doing things as in project management, conflict resolution, problem solving, cultural diversity.
- Become a world citizen – Get out and live in another country and will gain insight into a fascinating culture, complex social issues.
- Make an impact – You will experience the satisfaction of contributing to an organization that positively affects the lives of local people and communities
- You will work Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM, with time for lunch with your coworkers. On the weekends and public holidays, you will be able to use your free time to explore Siem Reap at your leisure. Your host organization will provide you a bicycle, and a reference letter at the completion of your project.
The Host Organization
- This project is with the only officially acknowledged Water Testing Lab in Siem Reap province, whose mission is to prevent access to contaminated water thanks to water testing and awareness campaigns targeting the local community, expats and touristis.
- The lab is part of a Cambodian American nonprofit that builds and installs biosand water filters. With 24,000 filters in place, the organization has brought clean water to more than 144,000 people currently. A water testing lab monitors the filter performance regularly. The holistic approach taken is helping to break the cycle of disease and poverty.
Please note that this is an unpaid volunteer placement. If successfully accepted for the position, you will be required to pay a project fee and cover your living and travel expenses. We will guide through each phase of your journey as you move forward. For a more detailed cost breakdown, please click here.