Put your passion for marketing and sales to good use by helping an environment non-profit organization in Cambodia promote their Nature Discovery Center to prospect customers, in Cambodia and abroad.
- Suitable for: University Students or Master Students
- Project type: Unpaid Educational Internship
- Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Duration: Minimum 3 months
- Start date: Project is on-going, and you can join at any time, depending upon availability
- Working hours: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm from Monday to Friday
- Reports to: Director
- Promote the newly opened Nature Discovery Center to travel agencies, hotels, and tour operators in Siem Reap Cambodia and internationally.
- Coordinate with various businesses to bring in visitors and donations, as well as tour companies. This would likely involve meetings and travel around Siem Reap town.
- Promote and market online with travel websites and tour operators.
- Minimum 2-year college degree, preferably Masters
- Excellent command of the English language
- Knowledge of French is an advantage, because of the large French expat community in Siem Reap
- Demonstrable real interest in marketing and sales together with the potential and attitude required to learn
- Love for nature, conservation and wildlife
Personal qualities and attitudes to be successful in the project
- Autonomous and independent
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Strong listening, communication, presentation and social skills
- Work Ethic
- Ready to adapt and understand a new culture’s way of thinking and working.
- Copy of relevant qualifications
- Copy of passport
- Full travel & medical insurance
An internship in Cambodia can be a greatly rewarding experience
- Learning opportunity– Gain hands-on experience, acquire relevant skills for your future career and learn new ones. You will get exposure to different ways of doing things as in project management, conflict resolution, problem solving, cultural diversity.
- Become a world citizen – Get out and live in another country and will gain insight into a fascinating culture, complex social issues
- Make an impact – You will experience the satisfaction of contributing to an organization that positively affects the lives of local people and communities.
- Free staff accommodation at the Nature Discovery Center (if available)
You will work Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM, with time for lunch with your coworkers. On the weekends and public holidays, you will be able to use your free time to explore Siem Reap at your leisure. Your host organization will provide you with pick up from the airport upon arrival, usage of bicycle, and a reference letter at the completion of your project.
The Host Organization
- The internship project is located at a legally registered environmental education and public awareness nonprofit, based in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Their mission is to improve knowledge of and attitudes towards wildlife, raise support for conservation and inspire a love of nature in Cambodia. To do this they work in three main areas: Nature Discovery, Environmental Education and Wildlife Media. Through discovery, education and media, they aim to build a new generation of nature lovers and wildlife conservation leaders across Cambodia.
Please note that this is an unpaid volunteer placement. If successfully accepted for the position, you will be required to pay a project fee and cover your living and travel expenses. We will guide through each phase of your journey as you move forward. For a more detailed cost breakdown, please click here.