Are you seeking a future career in sports and sales? Help a startup Cambodian martial arts school find new clients, sponsors and corporate donors to support underprivileged Cambodian youth with free sports training, education, nutrition and housing.
- Suitable for: University or Master Students
- Project type: Unpaid Educational Internship
- Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Duration: Minimum 3 months
- Start date: Project is on-going, and you can join at any time, depending upon availability
- Working hours: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm from Monday to Friday
- Reports to: Founder and Director
- The Intern will assist on a variety of projects including identifying prospects, researching targets, participating on calls, attending sales meetings, developing sales proposals, participating in negotiation process, drafting contracts and the execution of elements.
- Minimum 2-year college degree, preferably Masters
- Excellent command of the English language
- Demonstrable real interest in partnership and sales together with the potential and attitude required to learn
- A true passion for sport and martial arts is recommended
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and web-based applications
- Able to financially support yourself throughout the duration of the internship
- You will be required to provide your own laptop
- 3 months
Personal qualities and attitudes to be successful in the project
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Spirit of adventure
- Ability to work with people different from you
- Work Ethic
- Independent worker. You will get the guidance you want and need, but we will gladly give you the space to do your work independently.
- Copy of relevant qualifications
- Reference letter – nice to have
- Copy of passport
- Necessary vaccinations
- Necessary flight & visas
- Full travel & medical insurance
An internship in Cambodia can be a greatly rewarding experience.
- Become a world citizen– Get out and live in another country and will gain insight into a fascinating culture, complex social issues.
- Learning opportunity– Gain hands-on experience, acquire relevant skills for your future career and learn new ones. You will get exposure to different ways of doing things as in project management, conflict resolution, problem solving, cultural diversity.
- Make an impact– You will experience the satisfaction of contributing to an organization that positively affects the lives of local people and communities
- Bicycle for the duration your stay in Siem Reap
- Free martial arts lessons
- Team building activities and group outings
- Safe, impactful, and enjoyable place to work
The Host Organization
- This project is located at a Martial Art School in Siem Reap, Cambodia, that supports underprivileged Cambodian youth with free training, education, meals and housing.
- They make this possible by offering training camps, group classes for kids and adults, and private training with experienced coaches.