Gain hands-on experience in graphic design by helping an environment-focused non-profit organization in Cambodia promote their Nature Discovery Center to prospective customers in Cambodia and abroad!
- Suitable for: University or Masters Students
- Project type:Unpaid Educational Internship
- Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Duration: Minimum 3 months
- Start date: Project is on-going, and you can join at any time, depending upon availability
- Working hours: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm from Monday to Friday
- Reports to: Director
Design and development of educational info-graphics, marketing materials, t-shirts, documentation, brand & style guides, storybooks.
Design and production of art installations, public signage and visual media that helps communicate nature and conservation to audiences in a fun or engaging way
- Minimum two-year college degree, preferably Masters
- Familiarity with InDesign and Illustrator
- Good command of the English language
- Demonstrable interest and experience in marketing and sales with the attitude to learn
- Love for nature, conservation and wildlife
Personal qualities and attitudes to be successful in the project
- Autonomous and independent
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Strong listening, communication, presentation, and social skills
- Good work ethic
- Ready to adapt and understand a new culture’s way of thinking of working
- Copy of passport
- Copy of relevant qualifications
- Graphic design portfolio
- Full travel & medical insurance
An internship in Cambodia can be a greatly rewarding experience:
- Learning opportunity– gain hands-on experience, acquire relevant skills for your future career and learn new ones through exposure to different ways of doing things as in project management, conflict resolution, problem solving, cultural diversity
- Become a world citizen – get out and live in another country and will gain insight into a fascinating culture, complex social issues
- Make an impact – experience the satisfaction of contributing to an organization that positively affects the lives of local people and communities
- Free staff accommodation at the Nature Discovery Center (if available)
- You will work Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM, with time for lunch with your coworkers. On the weekends and public holidays, you will be able to use your free time to explore Siem Reap at your leisure.
- Your host organization will provide you with pick up from the airport upon arrival, usage of bicycle, and a reference letter at the completion of your project.
The Host Organization
- The internship project is located at a legally registered environmental education and public awareness nonprofit, based in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Their mission is to improve knowledge of and attitudes towards wildlife, raise support for conservation and inspire a love of nature in Cambodia.
- To do this they work in three main areas: Nature Discovery, Environmental Education and Wildlife Media. Through discovery, education and media, they aim to build a new generation of nature lovers and wildlife conservation leaders across Cambodia.
Please note that this is an unpaid volunteer placement. If successfully accepted for the position, you will be required to pay a project fee and cover your living and travel expenses. We will guide through each phase of your journey as you move forward. For a more detailed cost breakdown, please click here.