- Suitable for: Professionals with at least 2 years of experience in donor’s data analysis, measuring and evaluation
- Project type: Unpaid volunteer position.
- Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Duration: 3 to 6 month
- Start date: Project is on-going, and you can join at any time, depending upon availability
- Working hours: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm from Monday to Friday
- Reports to: Communications Manager
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems and identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities through monitoring performance and quality control
- Preferred two to five years experience in working as a data analyst , measuring and evaluation
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistic
- Knowledge of CRM system (Blackbaud eTapestry).
- Ability to work with statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc)
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
Personal qualities and attitudes to be successful in the project
- Team oriented and open to working with a diverse team of local and foreign staff
- Flexible, open to taking direction and understanding the donor landscape of the hospital
- Problem solver who uses varied analytical thinking skills
- Copy of passport
- Copy of relevant qualifications
- Professional reference from at least one former employer
- Proof of travel and health insurance
- Criminal Record Check (per our child protection policy)
- Additional hospital paperwork, if accepted
- Opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and holistic NGO treating children’s health in Cambodia
- Learning opportunity in how a NGO hospital operates and in the complex issues surrounding pediatric medical care in a developing country
- Opportunity to make a lasting impact on how we use donor data and optimize systems to better fund the hospital, contributing to its sustainability
- Guidance from local and foreign team on all things Siem Reap
You will work in a fast-paced, collaborative, dynamic and professional setting, with a mixed Cambodia and foreign fundraising team of eight people. The wider hospital staff is approximately 500 large and majority Cambodian. Working hours for staff are 45 hours per week but can vary or be negotiated. During your free time, you will be able to explore Siem Reap at your leisure.
The Host Organization
- This project is located at a non-profit, pediatric healthcare organization in the city center of Siem Reap. For 20 years, the healthcare center has fulfilled its mission of providing high-quality, compassionate healthcare to children in Cambodia. Today, the organization is paving the way for healthcare in the country by providing specialty care and educating the next generation of Cambodian healthcare.
Please note that this is an unpaid volunteer placement. If successfully accepted for the position, you will be required to pay a project fee and cover your living and travel expenses. We will guide through each phase of your journey as you move forward. For a more detailed cost breakdown, please click here.