Volunteer Project Brief
- The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about different donor database platforms, have experience in data management and donor stewardship, as well as in setting up new systems with existing data
- You will be responsible to find a donor management platform that fits our budgetary constraints, integrate existing data into the new system, and set it up so that is ready to use by the non for profit organization communications team
- Location: Siem Rep, Cambodia
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Physical presence preferred
- Office job
- Working times: Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM
- Reporting to Communications Officer
- Minimum 1 month volunteering
- 2 years’ work experience in the role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Content Management Systems
- Fluency in English
- The volunteer will assess our current donor stewardship needs in order to prescribe an effective and affordable donor management system.
- Additionally, s/he will integrate existing donor data into the new system and ensure that the communications team is able to navigate it before the project is finished. Currently, we are using Excel and there are many gaps in information, so the volunteer may need to work closely with the Communications Officer to make sure the transfer of information to the new system is complete.
- At least two years’ work experience in the role
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
Personal qualities and attitudes to be successful in the project
- The non for profit organization is comprised of a small staff of 12 people who work hard to maintain a passionate, uplifting, inclusive, and positive environment. We are generally adaptable and willing to help each other out when needed. The volunteer is expected to uphold these values. We also expect that all workers are able to complete projects independently and to communicate with other staff member if guidance is needed
- Updated copy of your CV
- Passport Copy
- At least one referral from previous employer
- A Working with children check
- Proof of travel insurance, including medical evacuation in case of illness or accident
- visa advice
- airport pick-up and drop-off
- Bicycle (and helmet) provision
- Use of a laptop and wifi desk while at the office.
- Orientation to Siem Reap
- Farewell party
- The volunteer will gain experience in improving donor stewardship and data management in order to help the organization raise funds and improve accountability and consistency within a dynamic and impact-driven environment.
- S/he will also be able to have direct experience with students and their communities.
- This volunteer project will place you with a legally registered , Cambodia-based education and youth-leadership non-profit organization . In the fight against poverty, high dropout rates, low awareness of the value of higher education, and illegal migration, the host organization aims to make Cambodian youth in rural areas aware of their own potential and career opportunities, and support them academically, financially, mentally, and physically.