- Suitable for: Professionals experienced in accounting
- Project type: Unpaid volunteer position
- Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Duration: Minimum 3 months
- Start date: On going project
- Working hours: 9 AM to 5 PM, Monday to Friday
- Reports to: Operations Manager
- Train and mentor the NGO’s bookkeeper on all functions of accounting, bookkeeping and budget planning.
- Ensure a more efficient and effective usage of QuickBooks, export periodic backups of the QuickBooks data
- Improve and customize periodic reports for management purposes.
The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the accounting department and help the organization to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances and be fully aware of its financial condition .This way it can make the right decisions and accomplish long term success.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in bookkeeping or accounting
- Minimum two years’ experience in an accounting role
- Expertise on QuickBooks application
- Ability to work fluently with Microsoft Office software
- Fluent in in English, both spoken and written
Personal qualities and attititudes to be succesfful in the project
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Flexible and proactive approach.
- Patient and capable to pass knowledge and expertise onto others.
- Work well independently and as part of a team.
- Copy of passport
- Copy of relevant qualifications
- Proof of travel and health insurance
- Professional reference from at least one former employer
- Leave an impression – pass your knowledge and expertise to an employee who will then be able to continue positively to the organization after you leave
- Learn to work in all environments – face and overcome the challenges of working in a developing country with limited resources
- Become a world citizen – insight into a fascinating culture and complex social issues while personally influencing positive change in the lives of Cambodian people
- You will work with a team of approximately fifteen employees, five days a week, standard office hours, with a two hour lunch break. You will report to the Operations Manager. On the weekends and public holidays, you will be able to use your free time to explore Siem Reap at your leisure.
- Your host organization will provide you with usage of an office desk with Wi-Fi and usage of an office computer or laptop, as well as usage of a bicycle.
The Host Organization
- This project is with an organization that builds and installs biosand water filters and household units that produce clean drinking water directly from contaminated sources.
- With 24,000 filters in place, the organization has brought clean water to more than 144,000 people currently. A water testing lab monitors the filter performance regularly. The holistic approach taken is helping to break the cycle of disease and poverty.
Please note that this is an unpaid volunteer placement. If successfully accepted for the position, you will be required to pay a project fee and cover your living and travel expenses. We will guide through each phase of your journey as you move forward. For a more detailed cost breakdown, please click here.